Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I have no option !!

It was 30th July, this year and i was off for a trek somewhere in Maharashtra. So the conversation started like this:


X- You have filed the tax?
Me- Ya I did. What about u? 
X- Ah! I know 31st July is the last day for tax filing, but the Government would extend it. Need not worry, I haven't filled till now.


For the first time in my God damn life, I had no answer what so ever! I was truly shocked to hear these words from the mouth of an X-IIT guy!


Having grown up in a family where parents are teachers and that too honest ones who have been filing tax without delay, it was simply undigestable for me. After thinking a lot, I really felt that whatever, " X" said was not completely wrong. I am not trying to defend thy statement but seeing the state of Mumbai, which is widely known as the "Highest tax paying city in India", it isn't wrong to say that every Mumbaikar would feel the same and assume paying tax as the biggest waste.


Leave X, but I myself have no clue what the Government is doing with the tax payers money, we neither have good transportation facility nor security. I don't think I need to give any example about the high security Mumbaikars have after what happened in Taj attack and the recent Dadar, Zaveri bazar and Kabutarkhana bomb blast!!


Its indeed an irony to say that on the next day of blast, every news channel was broadcasting, salute to the spirit of Mumbaikars for they have defeated terror and gone to their offices and businesses on the next day of Blast. I wonder, "Do we have any other option?"


I HAVE NONE!!





No comments:

Post a Comment