Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nan Khatai


This recipie originally belongs to my mom, I remember of Nankhatai biscuits by the time I was very young. My mom used to make hundreds of these biscuits & store it while we studied & ate them with milk between study intervals. I have beautiful memory of them. Although she is used to make these in oven, I make them in microwave, yet the taste is similar & so is the love with which I made them, she used to make for her kids & hubby, but I just for my lovable hubby as I have just him to bear with all my experiments:)
image
INGREDIENTS
  • Ghee 1/2 Cup
  • Powdered sugar 1/2 Cup
  • Maida (All purpose flour)11/4 Cup
  • Soda 1/2 tsp
PROCEDURE
Put maida & soda together in a bowl & beat ghee with sugar in another. When ghee & sugar gets mixed nicely, then fold maida into it with soft hands. Make small balls of it & put on the convection mode in a microwave at 180 degree celcius for 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment